Initial Reactions Vikings vs. Bears
1. This team is very good and playing at an extremely high level.
2. Favre continues to have one of his best years.
3. Sidney Rice will catch anything you throw at him.
4. You cannot run on this defense. Just ask Matt Forte. Or Ryan Grant. Or Steven Jackson. Or any running back they have faced this year.
5. Just how dominating was the defense today? As Chicago Sun-Times writer, Brad Biggs pointed out “The Bears ran 12 plays in the second half. They gained 2 yards.”
6. 3rd down conversions? No problem. 3rd and long? No problem. Today the Vikings were 12 of 18 on third down.
7. If you want more of the good, just take a look at the game statistics.
The Bad: (and they really aren’t that bad)
1. Why was Adrian Peterson playing at the end of the game? Wasn’t he hurt this week? I sometimes get the feeling that Chilly loses focus of what is important and forgets what he’s doing in the middle of the game.
2. Penalties: 10 of them to be exact.
3. Adrian Peterson putting the ball on the turf. Just ask Bushytop how he feels about that.
4. Brett Favre threw the ball 48 times. That’s a lot. It will be interesting to see how the end of the season plays out when the Vikings secure their playoff spot home-field advantage throughout the playoffs.
5. The play of the special teams was not very good, just ask the folks over at The Viking Age.
This is a great team. The offense seems to be able to score at will, and the defense is dominating. Perhaps most impressive is that the defense is doing all of this without one of their best players: Antoine Winfield. Finally, you know that something special is going on if Prince is coming to your games.
Could this be the year for the Vikings? Let me know what you think in the comment section.